Monday, October 20, 2008

An updated version of my life...

Well, as you all know (and for those who don't) I am living in Lubbock, Texas. I moved at the beginning of August. I still cannot believe I made the move. It has been a dream of mine for so long and God finally gave the Ok! On a daily basis I get asked the question, "Why in the world would you move to LUBBOCK from California?" In the beginning of this new experience I couldn't answer the question. I was asking myself the same thing. The homesick feeling began to set in. I cried more than I laughed and felt regretful for moving so far from everything I knew and everyone I loved. Constantly checking the prices of a plane ticket home, but knowing it was not an option led me to a feeling of loneliness. I began to make everything a reason for returning home; I am not making enough money, I am not getting along with my roommate (my cousin), new friends were stabbing me in my back, my legs were not ceasing to cause me pain... all things that could be resolved with a little faith in Christ and his plan for my life. Living here longer, I am growing in my relationship in Christ. Many things are chaning about myself and I have learned more than, possibly ever. Have you ever heard the saying, "If you wanna make God laugh, tell him what your plans are?" That is exactly what I was doing, and he was laughing... HARD! I kept telling him to hurry up and teach me the lessons so that I could go back home. I finally heard him saying that Texas would become a permanent home if I didn't learn patience and how to relax. Relax?? Man do I ever need to learn how to do that! haha (if you know my mother, you would know that relaxing is NOT in our vocabulary, which is probably why we do everything with a soda in hand! )

About the weather!!! Do not even get me started on how I am NOT looking forward to the coldness that a Texas winter brings. Last week it was 47 degrees in the middle of the day! 47 degrees?? Does it ever get that cold in the desert?? I am already wearing my winter clothes and it is only October... basically, I'm going to die! My dad jokes and says that I am probably going to wear all my clothes everyday to try and stay warm! :) He is so funny and very right haha. With this in mind, I still can't wait to experience all four seasons. We are well on our way to Fall with the changing colors and leaves falling. Not long after that comes the white snow blankets of Winter. Then the sunny storms (and possible tornadoes!!!!) of Spring, and finally my (new) favorite season... the hot, humid, hell of Summer, only being my favorite because I get to come home and see all those that I am missing.

On that note, I have made this blog as an assignment for class but will continue it so that all those who miss me at home (hopefully quite a few) can stay updated with my life! I have been horrible at keeping in touch and am VERRY SORRY!! MISS YOU ALL!

p.s. where are all the good looking, accent talking, gentleman acting cowboys????? :)

1 comment:

The Miller Clan said...

Cute page girl...do you check ours? www.jmynjana.blogspot.com
Hope all is well!
Jana